bestgradebook
bestbus
bestlunch2
bestmail
bestschoology

• Students, remember that if you are driving to school you should park in numbered spots only!!!

• Seniors need to turn in their senior pictures by January 22nd. And they should send their senior picture to gshsyearbook2018@yahoo.com

• Diversity Club will be hosting “Game Day” every Monday in 1701. We would love anyone and everyone to stop by to play Chess, Mancala, Loteria, Uno, and more! 

• There's free tutoring available every Wednesday in the GSHS library. From 2pm-3:30pm. All subject and grade levels.

• For all juniors interested in applying to the United States Air Force Academy, the admissions liaison officer, Linda Rosenmerkel, will be available in the JROTC room at lunch on Tues, 5 December, to discuss the upcoming application cycle. Freshmen and sophomores are also invited to attend from 11:45 to 12:00 for general questions and to schedule future meetings.
  • ***Applications​ ​Now​ ​Open​ ​for​ ​the 2018​ ​McBride​ ​Africa​ ​Internship***

Apply at:

Old​ ​Snowmass,​ ​CO:​ ​Entering its sixth year of sponsoring Roaring Fork Valley student
    travel to the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy (www.lewa.org) in northeastern Kenya, the
    McBride Africa Internship is now accepting applicants for the 2018 internship.

Building on the success of the previous five years the Internship will accept 8 students
    to travel to Kenya, departing July 14th and returning July 28, 2018. Approximately
    2/3rds of the cost of the internship is underwritten by John and Laurie McBride of Old
    Snowmass.

Katia Galambos in 2016 wrote, “It was the best two weeks of my life. I learned more than I thought possible, and about a range of subject spanning from human nature to harvester ants. And yet, even though I loved it, upon leaving I felt more full than sad because Lewa really did change my perspective on the world and game me dreams that made me a
    better person."

Carl Wright in 2015 shared, “I learned more from you two in the two weeks the we were together then I could have in 6 months of school. I get asked about our travels on a daily basis and I always find myself at a lack for words trying to describe the trip.”

The Internship is:

▪ Open to all high school age students in the Roaring Fork Valley
    ▪ Date: July 14, 28, 2018
    ▪ The cost is $2,000—which includes airfare
    ▪ Students camp out in the heart of the conservancy and daily walk, drive and explore Lewa, working closely with Lewa staff and their Massai guides.
    ▪ Curriculum is based on recording close personal observations, daily group discussions and interviews with wildlife experts.
    ▪ Students apply online at: www.mcbrideinternship.org
    ▪ Application deadline: January 5, 2018
    ▪ Group Leaders: Aaron & Molly Garland
    ▪ The McBride Africa Internship is a partner with the Aspen Community Foundation

The​ ​McBride​ ​Africa​ ​Internship​ ​is the inspiration of John and Laurie McBride of Old
    Snowmass. For over forty years the McBrides have been visiting a vast stretch of
    wilderness in northeast Kenya that was part of the Craig cattle ranch. Today it is the
    Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, an organization that is now considered a world leader in
    sustainable conservation and anti-poaching strategies. Lewa has revolutionized the
    way conservation organizations collaborate with local communities to build a broad
    coalition that benefits from thriving wildlife populations.

GSHS Online!

Upcoming Events

Dec

12.18.2017 6:00 am - 7:00 am

Dec

12.18.2017 8:00 am - 6:00 pm

Dec

12.18.2017 8:00 am - 12:00 pm

Dec

12.18.2017 3:45 pm - 6:00 pm

Dec

12.18.2017 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm